Here’s a breakdown of some great information I’ve found about the meaning of the color red. Read, enjoy, and incorporate this knowledge into your everyday life and wardrobe.
• Red aura colors are related to the energy surrounding our physical body, heart, or circulation. A bright and pure red aura indicates a healthy ego, but it is also the color that can cause the most friction. A muddied red, for instance, is indicative of anger and is an energy that repels others; a darkened, murky pink often signifies dishonesty or immaturity. On the other hand, a lighter orange red can be a sign of confidence and creative power; a bright pink shows a nature that is loving, affectionate, sensitive, artistic, and tender. Moreover, clear red indicates a powerful, competitive, passionate, and sexual energy, while deep red shows strong willpower. (Source: Psychic Solutions by Lynn)
• Red is the color of extremes. It’s the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. Our prehistoric ancestors saw red as the color of fire and blood – energy and primal life forces – and most of red’s symbolism today arises from its powerful associations in the past.
Red is also a magical and religious color. It symbolized super-human heroism to the Greeks and is the color of the Christian crucifixion. Red was almost as rare and as expensive as purple in ancient days – a fact that may explain its magic and power. Paradoxically, today’s intense red dyes come from crushed insects (the lac beetle and the cochineal). (Source: Color Matter)
• Red is the color of life force, materialism, passion and love. This color energizes you and it can also put you in a romantic mood, depending on the shade of the color and the environment. Red is also associated with anger, power and war. Ancient Romans used to dress their gods in this color.
It’s better to avoid this color in your bedroom since it can cause sleeping problems because this color is very energizing. So red walls are too overwhelming for the bedroom; however you can use red decorations such as cushions or candles. People who wear red color clothes usually enjoy attention and like to stand out. (Source: Simona Rich)
• Red is the color of fire and blood, so it is associated with energy, war, danger, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love.
Red is a very emotionally intense color. It enhances human metabolism, increases respiration rate, and raises blood pressure. It has very high visibility, which is why stop signs, stoplights, and fire equipment are usually painted red. In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is a color found in many national flags.
Red brings text and images to the foreground. Use it as an accent color to stimulate people to make quick decisions; it is a perfect color for ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Click Here’ buttons on Internet banners and websites. In advertising, red is often used to evoke erotic feelings (red lips, red nails, red-light districts, ‘Lady in Red’, etc). Red is widely used to indicate danger (high voltage signs, traffic lights). This color is also commonly associated with energy, so you can use it when promoting energy drinks, games, cars, items related to sports and high physical activity.
- Light red represents joy, sexuality, passion, sensitivity, and love.
- Pink signifies romance, love, and friendship. It denotes feminine qualities and passiveness.
- Dark red is associated with vigor, willpower, rage, anger, leadership, courage, longing, malice, and wrath.
- Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities.
- Reddish-brown is associated with harvest and fall. (Source: Color Wheel Pro)