With the crazy temperamental weather of the early months of the year, I’ve gotten into a bit of a style rut. Not the stylishness of the clothes themselves, but the oftime ‘All-Black Everything‘ color scheme being followed.
Without a doubt, I love the color black. I can mix and match black with just about everything and go from casual to dressy instantly! But now I’ll in the place where I want to liven up the classics.
I want to bring in a bit more glam in my composed sophisticated look in a timeless way…so what’s a glamazon to do?!
After spending quite a bit of time digging through my many closets, I came upon the answer to my quest…metallics!
The concept is simple, add metallics to my look in order jazz it up on the often drab weather of winter. Metallics are the perfect solution because the can act as an accent or a neutral. You can also wear metallics in various tone, from muted to shiny to mirror. Think lamé fabrics, sumptuous leathers, and gleaming vinyls. The materials available in metallic colors is vast to say the least.
Jewelry and accessories is also another way to wear metallics.
- Basic metallic colors include silver, gold, bronze, and pewter
- Metallics can be worn as neutrals or accents
- Metallics come in different finishes, including matte, mirror, and shiny
- There are a wide variety of fabrics that come in metallic colors
- Jewelry and accessories are an easy way to update and modernize a look
So how would you jazz up your look?
Would you try adding metallics or would another look work for you?